Monday, April 20, 2009

RESOLUTIONS….KEEPING THEM.

It’s a common thing to hear of New ear resolutions and people actually making them and maybe you too as a person did make…. This is a new quarter of the year…how many if any at all after the first few days did you keep? Or maybe you’ve even forgotten 90% of the resolutions you made. Maybe it a new set we actually need now, why not try these ones.

1.) I WILL IMPROVE MY SKILLS: Remind yourself that you can’t learn new things if you are always doing the talking. Abandon the “phony open door policy” as politicians, permanent secretaries, etc says and actually set aside specific times so that others can have real access to me. Encourage free flow of information across the departmental and hierarchical lines.

2.) I WILL IMPROVE MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS: Get away from the old folk’s and learn new things. Get knowledge on how to use new equipment, learn new language, even how to swim. As a professional stop bragging about your inability to use modern day equipments e.g. communication and computers.

3.) I WILL IMPROVE MY READING SKILLS: I will take a speed reading course. I will search out materials that will introduce me to new ideas and new ways of thinking. Hold a good book always.

4.) I WILL WASTE LESS TIME: All of my ease or committal time I will use in reading, improving my skills and broading my experience and understanding on issues and matters I do not yet know much about.

5.) I WILL EXERCISE: Exercise not only improves your health they also help you maintain a high performance at work. Be positively addicted.

6.) I WILL ENCOURAGE RISK TAKING: Business fails not because of lack of funds but from boldness to try new things. Do not blame honest mistakes. Make others love their work as you do, make it fun for others and not only pay checks.

7.) PLAN TO BECOME THE SOLE SOURCE OF SIMPLY TO YOUR BIGGEST CUSTOMERS: Make them feel important and service them to make feel that they are part of your company.

8.) I WILL CONTRIBUTE TO MY COMMUNITY: Be giver of time, money, make a difference, and make your environment be a better place for everyone.

9.) NOT NEGLECT MY FAMILY FOR ALMIGHTY DOLLAR: Always tell them to make room for me because I am coming home after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment